Planetary Gearbox Special Features
Due to the nature of the design, the planetary gear system excels at load distribution. Whereas in a traditional gear system it relies upon the movement and transmission between small and large gears, this is not the case in the planetary gear system.
In the planetary gear system the load is distributed throughout the planet gears. In this way issues such as broken gear teeth which occur in traditional systems when under heavy loading, do not occur frequently within a planetary gear set.
WHAT IS A PLANETARY GEARBOX?
A planetary gearbox is a gearbox with the input shaft and the output shaft aligned. A planetary gearbox is used to transfer the largest torque in the most compact form (known as torque density).
The bicycle’s acceleration hub is a great example of a planet-wheel mechanism: Have you ever wondered how you can get so much power and capabilities in such a little hub? For a three-speed hub, a one-stage planetary gear system is used, for a five-speed hub a 2-stage. Each planet gear system has a reduction state, a direct coupling and an acceleration mode.
Whoever invented the planetary gearbox is not known, but was functionally described by Leonardo da Vinci in 1490 and has been used for centuries.
Best Planetary Gearbox Service
We understand how important rapid efficient service is for your business. We maintain an extensive stock of parts for all our reducers and can provide rapid on site service if you should need it. Our components are also standard sizes and can be dimensionally replaced with standard parts from other brands including internal components.
TRANS AB series planetary gearbox is the most popular servo gearbox. With helical gears and integrated output planetary carrier,TRANS AB series planetary gearboxes have played the advantages of high precision, low noise, and high efficiency up to 95%.
CHE launched the high-speed gear end of the supoort and the integration process, to achieve better concentricity requirements to meet the low noise requirements; increasing the reducer adjustment ring, adjust the internal axial clearance, ran achievement
minimization; reducer output end of the tapered roller bearing load, the force to meet the greater demand and absolute stability after loading.
The reducer is generally used for low-speed and high-torque transmission equipment. The motor, internal combustion engine or other high-speed running power is used to achieve the purpose of deceleration by meshing with the large gear on the output shaft through a gear with a small number of teeth on the input shaft of the reducer. The reducer will also have several pairs of gears with the same principle to achieve the ideal reduction effect. The ratio of the number of teeth of the large and small gears is the transmission ratio.
Key Features Planetary Gearbox
- 18 Frame Sizes
- Gear Reducer Ratios
- 1 Stage Gear Reducer 3.48:1~7.2:1
- 2 stage Gear Reducer 12.1:1~51.8:1
- 3 stage Gear Reducer 63:1~373:1
- 4 stage Gear Reducer 403:1~2687:1
- Gear Reducer Efficiency
- 1 Stage Gear Reducer 97%
- 2 stage Gear Reducer 95%
- 3 stage Gear Reducer 92%
- 4 stage Gear Reducer 90%
- Gearbox Torque Range: 576~447360 Nm
- Mechanical Rating Up To 380 Kw
- Layout Of Axis: Right Angle And Parallel Shaft
- Ideal For High Reduction Ratio, Inline Installation And Overhung Load
- Wide Reduction Ratio, High Torque and Compact Size
Benefits Planetary Gearbox
- Wide Reduction Ratios – Due to the design characteristics planetary gearboxes can achieve high efficiency and wide ratio in multiple stage combination.
- Compact Design – Small Size but with high torque output due to the load sharing of the planet gears.
- High Efficiency Output – Our planetary gears offer output efficiencies of up to 97%
- Different Lubrication Options – Within the planetary gear series either oil or grease may be used to deliver lubrication throughout the system.